Race to the King 2018 – Participant Information Hub
Monthly emails – Here’s a recap of the emails we’ve sent you:
November: Welcome to Race to the King 2018!
January: Time to book parking and shuttles
February: It’s time to get those training shoes on
June (1): Find out about the food
June (2): It’s this weekend! Important information
June (3): Final important reminders
Useful Information – Find all the useful documents and links on the Race here:
Cutting out single-use plastics
- Parking – click here to book parking
- NB. For those parking at the finish, parking will be at St Catherine’s Park and Ride, SO23 9NP. Access is off Garnier Road or Bar End Road. Access is also via the M3 Junction 10 Northbound or M3 Junction 9 Southbound.
- Shuttles – click here to book shuttles
- Shuttle timetable NB. Please note the times of the shuttles from Arundel train station to the start have recently changed.
- Purchase event merchandise from our online shop
Volunteer on the event
You will have selected your start time when you registered. To find this time please check your confirmation email.
Guide to PR coverage
We know that lots of you have fantastic stories and are in touch with your local newspapers and radio stations. Therefore, we have put together some guidelines to help you achieve the most effective coverage. Please click here for these guidelines.
Click here to explore a range of exclusive discounts and offers available to you.
Training – Read some great tips and advice for taking on the Race:
- 10 tips for winter running
- The newbies guide to ultramarathons
- How to train for your first ever ultra marathon
- 7 tips for training in winter
- Top 10 tips for avoiding sports injuries
- Nutrition tips – Walking
- Nutrition tips – Running
- Nutrition for fuelling your body for the challenge – blog by Portia Rees-Jones
- 15 effective cool down exercises
- Hydration techniques for an ultra marathon
- 10 ultra marathon tips
- To stretch or not to stretch
- Training and planning – Walking
- Ultra-running hydration facts
- Blister guide